Estimated Pay:$47,000 - $68,000
Kalman Manufacturing of Morgan Hill, California is a Silicon Valley leader in high-precision manufacturing with a diverse customer base, ranging from medical to global positioning systems. We work closely with our customers to design, develop, and process plan products from prototypes through production. We are searching for qualified individuals in the industry to join our team! Currently, we have positions for top tier CNC Lathe Set-up who must be able to troubleshoot. Our company is looking for a machinist who is reliable and easy to work with, has a positive attitude, and has good communication and organizational skills. This person should be capable of high-precision work, while acting as a team player.
We offer top pay, great benefits, 401(k), all in a friendly and professional work environment. A great counter-commute from Silicon Valley to our beautiful Morgan Hill location! If you are a qualified highly skilled set-up/programmer and looking to work for a company where you can make a difference, please reply with your resume.
- Reviews traveler, set-up instructions, drawings, inspection forms and any other relevant documentation for each job.
- Ensures the assigned machine tool is sufficiently clean and working properly, cutting tools and fixturing are available and that raw material is available prior to beginning the set-up.
- Loads jaws and tools etc. per set up instructions.
- Locates and downloads/inputs proper CNC program.
- Sets tool offsets.
- Loads and runs first piece through process and inspects per MIR.
- Adjusts as necessary and runs second piece and inspect per MIR.
- Upon completion of passing inspection submits to QA for 1st article approval.
- Ensures all necessary items, including inspection and burring tools are available for operator to run the job out.
- Trains the operator in all aspects of the process including loading, inspection and burring.
- Begins production upon receipt of the approved first article from QA.
- Follows up on operator to ensure optimum efficiency and quality of the job.
- Makes suggestions to Production Manager regarding potential improvements in part processes as well as the Lathe department.
- Ensures compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and all governmental regulations.
- 5-10 years of experience programming and setting-up lathes is a must.
- Proficiency programming with ESPRIT, Mastercam, Solidworks and Inventor would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Mori Seiki, Nakamura, Hitachi Seiki, and other machines with Fanuc controls is required.
- Should be High School Graduate or equivalent. Ideal candidate would have AS degree in machine tool technology.
- Must have sufficient experience with CNC Lathes to perform set- ups in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read drawings and understand GD&T.
- Must be able to use standard measuring tools effectively.
- Must understand “G” code.
- Must have adequate math skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented with good personal organizational skills.
- Must be familiar with Kalman’s CNC controls and machine tool models.
- Must be familiar with tooling and bar feeds etc.
- Must be able to establish offsets.
- Must be able to complete inspection and trouble shoot process to ensure parts are within drawing and manufacturing tolerances.
- Should be able to train operators in the process of manufacturing parts.
- Should be able to download programs from PC.
- Must have good manual dexterity and be able to lift 70 lbs.
- Should have experience in an ISO 9001:2008 environment, 13485 would be helpful.